I need a circuit or component which converts bipolar voltage to bipolar current. I have found the XTR111 from Texas Instruments and the 1B22 from Analog Devices. However, they only convert 0-10 V to 0-20 mA current.

I to need convert -10V-0V to -10mA-0mA too (the opposite polarity range). How can I do that? Or can I add a circuit to work with 1B22 or XTR111?


Try the Howland current pump: -

enter image description here

Here's an article that gives a lot of mathematical insight into it but is not inaccessible to the equation-hater.

AN-1515A is an article by TI on the subject.

| improve this answer | |
  • \$\begingroup\$ Thank you for your reply. I have found a component that is XTR300 from texas instruments. This is the link: ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/xtr300.pdf. \$\endgroup\$ – Cem Feb 3 '16 at 8:10
  • \$\begingroup\$ It looks interesting but I can't say whether it will work for you. Watch out for the maximum capacitance (1uF) you can apply to the output. \$\endgroup\$ – Andy aka Feb 3 '16 at 8:23

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.