Hi my name is Raveen Baloo from Singapore. Currently, I'm working on a project, building a case box which has a MCU and a LCD screen. A removable bluetooth dongle is connected to the case box which will allow users to connect and display a message on the LCD screen through an mobile app.
Now, on the other end of the dongle, there will be an audio jack. Users can remove the bluetooth dongle from the case box, and connect it to a radio or a walkman using the audio jack. Now, the user will be able to connect a bluetooth headphone with the bluetooth dongle. This upgrades the existing radio into a bluetooth enabled radio.
I have done some fair amount of research but I'm still new to bluetooth technology and having a lot of trouble. Here are some of the questions that i have:
1) Since its going to be a removable dongle, do i need a separate MCU with the dongle?
2) Will I be able to use standalone bluetooth audio module (RN-52)?
3) Is there a Bluetooth audio module while will be able to both act as a receiver and transmitter?
4) Will it be better just to have a separate in-built bluetooth in the case box itself or a separate MCU chip in the Bluetooth dongle?
5) Which Bluetooth module out there is the best for this project?
I really hope someone out there will be willing to help me out to clear some of my doubts or to direct me to some good materials out there on Bluetooth. Really hoping to hear from you guys. Feel free to ask me any question regarding this project.
Thanking in advance.