I removed the HDD from my broken labtop to take the data stored in.

This is the HDD:

enter image description here

I don''t know which cable I can use to connect it with my new laptop with USB port .

Could any one explain to me how can I do that?

  • 4
    \$\begingroup\$ This belongs on superuser.com \$\endgroup\$ – JRE Feb 5 '16 at 8:35
  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ USB to Sata adapter. \$\endgroup\$ – Passerby Feb 5 '16 at 8:36
  • \$\begingroup\$ I bought one of these on Amazon for about $6 USD: kutyubazar.hu/103-3046-large/… \$\endgroup\$ – DerStrom8 Feb 5 '16 at 16:21

You can buy a 2.5" USB HDD caddy. They're fairly cheap and easy to assemble! Something similar to this: here

| improve this answer | |
  • \$\begingroup\$ How he will connect it to a USB port? \$\endgroup\$ – ricardomenzer Feb 5 '16 at 11:04
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ The caddy has USB, you should know that. \$\endgroup\$ – FroopleXP Feb 5 '16 at 11:23
  • \$\begingroup\$ The one's I know are just for fitting a HDD into a Optical drive place. \$\endgroup\$ – ricardomenzer Feb 5 '16 at 11:32
  • \$\begingroup\$ You can find one here uk.cellphonecases.com/… \$\endgroup\$ – FroopleXP Feb 5 '16 at 11:38
  • \$\begingroup\$ Yeah, that's a regular usb to sata case. Also, the word "caddy" doesn't appear in that page. I think there's a naming issue here. But since this question seems off-topic anyway, it doesn't really matter. \$\endgroup\$ – ricardomenzer Feb 5 '16 at 11:49

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.