Is there any basic methods to calculate crosstalk between different layers in a multilayer PCB. I am not after anything exact just a way to grasp the magnitude of the issue.
The situation I am trying to solve is in a 4 layer space constrained PCB with a stackup of Signal-Ground-Power-Signal, on my bottom layer I have a number of differential +/- 10V Signals max freq 1KHz. On the power layer above these traces I have a power trace with a current varying between 0-200mA with a minimum rise time of approximately 0.1ms, the trace for the return current is directly adjacent.
Assuming there is no other way I can route my PCB how can I go about getting a feel for what kind of affect a step in my current can affect my signals.
Signal Output impedance <100 ohms
- Signal Input impedance approx 10k ohms
- Signal trace width 12mil, trace separation 12mil
- Power trace width 40mil, separation 20mill
- Copper Weight 1oz
- Outer plane separation 0.2mm
- Inner plane separation 1.2mm
- Length of parallel run 75mm