I've been trying to find the name, part number, manufacturer and some vendor for this hook socket. I'm not even 100% sure that is what it is called.

Do you have any information about it? Anything would be welcome.

Hook socket

  • \$\begingroup\$ looks proprietary to me, try contacting [e][a][s][y] radio \$\endgroup\$ Mar 5 '16 at 16:25
  • \$\begingroup\$ I'll try that, maybe it'll work out! \$\endgroup\$ Mar 6 '16 at 3:32
  • \$\begingroup\$ That did the trick. \$\endgroup\$ Mar 7 '16 at 4:07

I found the component!

PCB Test Point, Copper, Gold Plated Contacts


According to this datasheet that I found in a google search, they're calling that a "spring pinned socket."

Unfortunately, I wasn't readily able to find anything similar by searching Google, Digi-Key, and Mouser (where I found the datasheet) for that term.

- - - - - - - - - - EDIT - - - - - - - - - -

Upon re-examination of your photo, there's technically no 'socket' on your PCB, just looks like they drilled a large # of vias/thru-holes & soldered in the pins individually.

Based on that observation, I did a little more digging & think you might be able to find a suitavle replacement somewhere in these results.

  • \$\begingroup\$ I have a box full of those "spring pins". In our case, they were custom ordered from SAMTEC by another company, and I ended up with them when we bought out their stock. I used them as temporary connectors for similar RF boards because I could hook a logic probe to them, otherwise I just soldered the RF board to our primary board. The "spring" factor on them makes them only good for a few dozen cycles. \$\endgroup\$
    – b degnan
    Mar 5 '16 at 16:48
  • \$\begingroup\$ Unfortunately I couldn't find anything all that similar on the digikey link. @bdegnan, do you have a part number that I could use to continue my search? \$\endgroup\$ Mar 6 '16 at 3:29

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.