I'm trying to get a connector that will connect another product as a sort of 'daughter board'. This thing has the old USB B connector on it and what I'd like to do is back it up to this connector and (since it's male) use it as a point of mechanical contact too.

I'd like something like in the attached picture, but PCB solder mounted.....I've looked for about an hour and a half and can't find anything.

Has anyone ever seen such a creature?

enter image description here


closed as off-topic by Scott Seidman, uint128_t, PeterJ, tcrosley, Adam Haun Mar 28 '16 at 3:38

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Questions seeking recommendations for specific products or places to purchase them are off-topic in this forum and will be closed. Reference: Help->Tour->Don't ask about...Shopping or buying recommendations. \$\endgroup\$ – tcrosley Mar 27 '16 at 5:29
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ This question can't be closed. \$\endgroup\$ – testname123 Mar 27 '16 at 5:43
  • \$\begingroup\$ This is not in violation of the rules. This is not a question regarding recommendations for specific products or places to purchase them. This is a question about the general existence of a particular variation of an electronic component. Please read the whole post in context before posting distracting and non constructive comments and wasting everyone's time. \$\endgroup\$ – testname123 Mar 27 '16 at 11:55

That's a non-standard connector, and you will only find it in a specialty shop, or by special order. The closest standard part is plugs used for cables, before plastic is molded to them.

enter image description here

The USB standard does not have non-cable male usb B. And it's not meant to be used as a mechanical support point. It will easily bend off.


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.