I was opening a Toshiba Excite 7 tablet which stopped charging. Tablet turns on without issues when battery is not connected, but does not when it is present.
I decided to check the little pcb circuit of the battery and i "sliced" around 2 centimeters of the plastic that "hugs" the innards of it. At first i did not realize I was just in the innards. It is not punctured, but i did discovered solvent smell from the battery right were i sliced the plastic.
If i want to connect this battery to the tablet and try charging it, what could go wrong?