I am searching for a way to use a comparator with possible negative voltage on its inputs.
My thoughts and attempts so far:
- Op amps and comparators with V+, V- and GND: the circuit utilizes a single LiPo battery.
- LM339/393: works correctly only when Vin >= V- - 0.3V, which is not enough.
- Diodes: too low voltage, I suppose
- Vin range -2.0V .. + 2.0V (and around 0.1V on the reference)
- Max. current provided for comparator input: around 500 uA
Recently I have found an interesting comparator - LT1716 (datasheet/website). It provides a "Valid Output with Either Input 5V Below V– ". If there is one, then the idea is not new and there should be more, right?
(I am new to electronics, and I am sorry if I did not provide some related info - please let me know what I forgot)