I just want ask how the socket in the image is called?

I couldn't really find and the closer I could get is only Raspberry's module.

enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ I can't seem to find the socket, there is something stuck in it... \$\endgroup\$
    – PlasmaHH
    Commented May 24, 2016 at 14:17
  • \$\begingroup\$ @PlasmaHH I've found better picture. \$\endgroup\$
    – CubaQ
    Commented May 24, 2016 at 14:28
  • \$\begingroup\$ Maybe somebody can help you if you tell us the make and model of the smartphone. Or you search for "<smartphone name> teardown" to find a better image. \$\endgroup\$
    – 0x6d64
    Commented May 24, 2016 at 14:34

1 Answer 1


This closely resembles a SlimStack Mezzanine connector from Molex:

enter image description here

Such connectors are often used to connect two PCBs, or a PCB and a flex support. I have seen them in virtually all mobile phones, cameras and even in some MP3 players I have taken apart. They are commonly used to connect IO peripherals like cameras, LCD displays or keyboards. I know about a project where CPU+RAM module is connected in this way to make it upgradable.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.