Anyone as any idea what part this is? Or even what exactly is this supposed to do in a circuit?

It's part of a relay circuit.

enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ Please provide context (type of device, partial reverse engineered schematics i.e. probably used together with). Does it have some other side? It kinda looks like a bunch of precision resistors on ceramic in that small resolution \$\endgroup\$
    – PlasmaHH
    May 25, 2016 at 14:47
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ It looks like a crappy picture. \$\endgroup\$
    – Andy aka
    May 25, 2016 at 14:48
  • \$\begingroup\$ Picture sucks. The part could be a transformer core. \$\endgroup\$
    – user76844
    May 25, 2016 at 14:50
  • \$\begingroup\$ Updated picture \$\endgroup\$ May 25, 2016 at 14:56

1 Answer 1


It's a laser trimed resistor array. Sometimes known as a "hybrid". It's used where you need high precision resistors. Less common these days except in specialized equipment.

EDIT: From your new pictures, it looks like it's trimmed to 680 kohm.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.