Think that I have a speaker and a microphone. I want to adjust the equalizer automatically depending to the surrounding the system is in with just the speaker and a microphone. How can I do that? Which equipments do I need?
When I say automatically, I meant that I should just click on some pad and then the system should take care the rest.
I am thinking of something like this:
- There will be two or more speakers which can also function as microphones.
- First, one of the speakers will transmit and other one will listen. Wide range of frequency and amplitude will be transmitted and other one will be listening.
- Step 2 will be repeated for vice versa.
- Then do some sound-signal processing.
- Then equalizer will be adjusted according to gathered data.
I look up on internet for something like this and I could not find something like this. Just a few patent claims.
So I am willing to get into this but I need to be sure of few things.
1- Speakers(also function as microphones) will be still and not allowed to change their positions. So the sound check kinda be done in speakers perspectives. Would this equalizer adjustment still be valuable?
2- If it is valuable, what kind of components do I need?
3- Would it be reasonable to do equalizer-adjustment in real time?