I have a transformer that outputs 14.3V (AC of course) and the current in short-circuit is about 13A (made a beautiful spark when I measured it :) ). Can I guesstimate from here what is the 'normal' current that I can get from this transformer without overheating it? I need 1.3A.
Input voltage: 230V
Output 1: 14.3V
Output 2: 18V
Transformer's iron core: 4.5 x 5.5 x 3 cm.
It is written on the transformer that it has an internal thermal fuse.
Transformer name: transformer SF-57E/11B/18A
From an music player (tape, cd, pickup, radio) with speakers of about (2x) 4-8W.