Do you know any tools which perform design rule checking for Gerber files of PCB and are suitable for using in batch mode on a remote server? Something similar to what BatchPCB or FreeDFM uses (I asked BatchPCB but they haven't answered yet.)
DRC is a rules-based software that requires maintenance to latest IEC design specs. These change annually, so don't expect too much from a free DRC checker unless you are doing old technology.
Also beware that the requirements of pick and place, reflow/wave solder, and hand solder change all the rules.
You might be able to afford this: http://wssi.com/gerbtool/
- Consult and obtain the latest [DRC guidlines from IPC http://landpatterns.ipc.org/default.asp
- Use IPC design tools for special (e.g. RF ) applications www.ipc.org/ContentPage.aspx?Pageid=PCB-Tools-and-Calculators
- Get a free Design review for DFM from a supplier such as www.pentalogix.com/
- If you can not afford a $100K Mentor graphics seat communities.mentor.com/mgcx/community/pcb
- get Eagle with DRC www2.ee.ic.ac.uk/t.clarke/eagle/Eagle_configuration.htm
I trust one of these suggestions is adequate for you.
protected by Community♦ Nov 22 '18 at 2:41
Thank you for your interest in this question.
Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).
Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?