Do you know any tools which perform design rule checking for Gerber files of PCB and are suitable for using in batch mode on a remote server? Something similar to what BatchPCB or FreeDFM uses (I asked BatchPCB but they haven't answered yet.)
DRC is a rules-based software that requires maintenance to latest IEC design specs. These change annually, so don't expect too much from a free DRC checker unless you are doing old technology.
Also beware that the requirements of pick and place, reflow/wave solder, and hand solder change all the rules.
You might be able to afford this: http://wssi.com/gerbtool/
- Consult and obtain the latest [DRC guidlines from IPC http://landpatterns.ipc.org/default.asp
- Use IPC design tools for special (e.g. RF ) applications www.ipc.org/ContentPage.aspx?Pageid=PCB-Tools-and-Calculators
- Get a free Design review for DFM from a supplier such as www.pentalogix.com/
- If you can not afford a $100K Mentor graphics seat communities.mentor.com/mgcx/community/pcb
- get Eagle with DRC www2.ee.ic.ac.uk/t.clarke/eagle/Eagle_configuration.htm
I trust one of these suggestions is adequate for you.