I'd like to hook up a wireless bell to my garage door control board (bell should ring when door is opening).
The garage door control board does expose several contacts dedicated to lighting indicators, that are to my understanding all AC.
- 230V (25W max) blinking while opening
- 230V (60W max) constant while opening
- 24V (3W max) constant while opened
I chose a pretty basic Wireless bell.
My idea was somehow to short the momentary switch of the remote (that rings the bell when pressed) when there is AC current from some of theses pins.
- What would be the cheapest and most cost effective way to do that?
- Do I need a AC/DC converter or is there some kind of cheap low-power relay that could do the trick?
EDIT: Here is the actual notice of the garage door control board: PDF link, go to page 6 for lighting options.