I'm currently designing a PCB with inter-board interconnects - I figure that right-angle 0.1" headers will be sufficient. I'll be "mass producing" the boards (only a couple of dozen...) so I need them all to be the same.

But it turns out that some of the pins will be optional; that is, configurable at construction time. So I want to design in some PCB pads that can be quickly soldered across to implement - or not - the required functionality. I've seen pads that look like -CD- or -Pd- (imagine the 'holes' in those letters filled with copper, just waiting for a solder bridge...)

I'm using Eagle (7.6.0) and thought there'd be a "component" that could be added to the schematic, and therefore the PCB, but I can't find anything. Am I not looking correctly? (I don't know the search term.) Or do I have to learn the whole "solder pad" system of Eagle too?

  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ The device is called SJ in jumper library. Finally, you can make your own device. Is it what you are looking for? \$\endgroup\$
    – Anonymous
    Oct 1, 2016 at 13:09

1 Answer 1


I'm quite sure you are looking for solder jumpers. The build-in library "jumper" has two types SJ and SJ2 with two or three terminals:

enter image description here

And just what it looks like on the PCB, with a 1206 resistor for size comparison:

enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ See? "Jumper" is the magic search term. Thank you! \$\endgroup\$ Oct 1, 2016 at 13:17
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Ooohhh... I was hoping for the -CD- look! But thanks anyway \$\endgroup\$ Oct 1, 2016 at 13:32

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.