What is the name of this style connection?

It seems to be more popular with electrical powered equipment for the Asian market.

enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ My HP Elite Book charger had the same plug from 2010... So it is not just Asian. \$\endgroup\$ – MadHatter Oct 2 '16 at 23:15
  • \$\begingroup\$ Its the same as the figure 8 connector, but grounded. International. \$\endgroup\$ – Passerby Oct 3 '16 at 0:06
  • \$\begingroup\$ It is not "the same as the figure 8 connector". The C7/C8 connector is NOT interchangable with the C6/C6 connector unless you do substantial plastic surgery. \$\endgroup\$ – Richard Crowley Oct 3 '16 at 7:54

IEC 60320 female type "C5" and male type "C6" aka. "Mickey Mouse" or "cloverleaf"

Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60320#C5.2FC6_coupler


Apparently it is an IEC 60320 type connector and is a C5 or C6 depending on if its the plug or socket.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.