I am on a project where they want a non invasive sensor for usage. There are many sensor available but they need to cut down the pipe to place within.
- Pipe is PVC 1-1/4" OD, meaning 1.38" inside diameter, near 0.14 inch wall thickness.
- The water inside is not pure. It contains less than 20% impurities (chemical waste like salts, potash, ammonia).
- To cut down pipe mean to insert a water valve type sensor but it is a fixed solution. Our project needs a portable device
- I am not interested in actual amount in cubic meters, I just want how much it is filled.
- As for as temperature sensor is concerned the temperature change is a big factor because otherwise we would need to calibrate it according to ambient temperature.
- The pipes are placed horizontal and water is pumped by 5 horsepower motor.
Can any one can tell me how can I make a sensor that can check level of water inside pipe like 75% filled. We need to detect if water approach a specified threshold . I tried magnetic coils but they are not working under varying temperature and dust. My circuit take 12 volt dc.