How to get to DC voltages (+15v & -15v) by using Full-wave rectifier, and if I change the AC source, the output stay stable, i.e Independent on AC source... any help?

..... I want to change AC voltages (like 220v or 110v ...) with 80% efficiency and I want 2 outputs, first one is +15v, and the second is -15v, I want a stable voltage at output. I need a figure of circuit :) Thanks for effort.


closed as off-topic by Bimpelrekkie, brhans, dim, JIm Dearden, jonk Nov 3 '16 at 19:57

  • This question does not appear to be about electronics design within the scope defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Are you looking for a circuit or a product recommendation? Also it's a bit vague when you talk about changing the AC source - can you be more specific? \$\endgroup\$ – Andy aka Nov 3 '16 at 19:17
  • \$\begingroup\$ "and if I change the AC source" - change it to what exactly? \$\endgroup\$ – JIm Dearden Nov 3 '16 at 19:18
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ never ask this type of question without specifying min:max range power , efficiency, cost qty and tolerances.. if you don't know how to get it approved, buy it. and then learn how it is done before you try. \$\endgroup\$ – Tony Stewart Sunnyskyguy EE75 Nov 3 '16 at 19:23
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Let me repeat an important sentence from Tony's comment: then learn how it is done this means that you will have to look at some designs and decide which one will fit your needs or comes closest and if needed what changes you need to make. You seem to expect us to de all that for you. Well that's not going to happen ! \$\endgroup\$ – Bimpelrekkie Nov 3 '16 at 19:36
  • 4
    \$\begingroup\$ I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because you seem to expect us to come up with a design for you without you spending any effort to find one yourself. This is not a design service ! \$\endgroup\$ – Bimpelrekkie Nov 3 '16 at 19:38

How about one of these: -

enter image description here

This came from a company called Premier Magnetics and they have published many, many SMPS designs and will even sell you the transformer.

Here's their site and specifically it takes you to designs using Power Integration chips, Texas Instruments and Fairchild.

Scout around the hundreds of designs and pick one else, go and buy a standard one and attach DC to DC converters to the output to get what you want in terms of voltage and current.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Appropriate answer, I think, for such a question. Better than deserved and I'm sure it's way over the OP's head, but entirely appropriate. It at least lets them know just what they are asking for. (They didn't even specify current compliance, I now see. I'm going to vote to close.) \$\endgroup\$ – jonk Nov 3 '16 at 19:53
  • \$\begingroup\$ Nice xfmr source. Tks. \$\endgroup\$ – Spehro Pefhany Nov 3 '16 at 20:40
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ @spehro always a pleasure. \$\endgroup\$ – Andy aka Nov 3 '16 at 21:00

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.