I'm trying to identify what this type of connector is. The first image is the male connector, attached to a flex ribbon. It has 20 pins on each side. I thought it was an FFC connector, but can't find anything remotely like it in Digikey FFC connectors. The closest match I can find is an Apple LCD flex cable "grade R" replacement. Any ideas? Thanks!

Male Connector

Female connector

  • \$\begingroup\$ Looks like a thousand other interconnects I've seen. \$\endgroup\$ Nov 19, 2016 at 23:25
  • \$\begingroup\$ Note that many manufacturers make similar-looking board-to-board connectors, but they are incompatible between them. Also, some chinese manufacturers make some that are unavailable on mouser/digikey and don't publish datasheets to the public. You may have trouble finding the exact part you're looking for. \$\endgroup\$
    – dim
    Nov 20, 2016 at 5:48

2 Answers 2


They're "board to board" connectors, but are sometimes used on FPC as well - especially for things like TFT.

I am not sure of that specific model, but I use a similar one from Hirose (DF30FC-20DS-0.4V(82)). enter image description here

It's not quite identical, but it should give you a starting point.

This is one used on the Picadillo-35T board which looks a closer match:

enter image description here

Unfortunately I don't have a model number for that, though with a bit of pestering I may be able to find out.


I can't help you identify the pitch, but the magic sauce search terms to get some hits on suppliers seem to be "btb" and/or "slimstack". Foxxcon has a board-to-board connector, but seems to be a different set of dimensions from the standard black ones I find in most tablets/phones these days.

I know it's a old post, but here is the Molex site highlighting some standard looking board-to-board and board-to-FPC connectors, hopefully it'll help someone track down parts.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.