Recently I found such IC on a PCB. I have never seen such package and wonder what it could be? Please, help me identify the type of this package. (It seems like an IC adapter, but has the same pins pitch inside and outside, so probably it is not an IC adapter).

The yellow things is just dirty PCB, it doesn`t matter.

enter image description here

  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ You could have cleaned off the dirt a bit before taking the picture. \$\endgroup\$ – Olin Lathrop Nov 23 '16 at 12:19
  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ Unfortunately it is strong glue and couldn`t be cleaned up easily. \$\endgroup\$ – v_s_k Nov 23 '16 at 12:22

This isn't an IC. This is a miniature board-to-board connector. We find them a lot in mobile phones, either to connect two boards together, or to connect the screen, the camera, ... We can also find them in pocket cameras, tablets, basically anything tiny.

Some examples from Hirose, JAE, Molex, ... Every manufacturer offers some, but there is no universal standard for them.

| improve this answer | |
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Thank you! After you said it is a connector, I actually have remembered that I saw similar "things" earlier, but bigger and with more pins. This one is quite small and looks like IC, so that`s why it confused me. \$\endgroup\$ – v_s_k Nov 23 '16 at 12:20

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.