When I was about 10 years old playing with lamps, I accidentally picked up a wire completing a circuit for a lamp plugged into the wall (120 V AC U.S. standard). I'm not sure if it was the hot or neutral wire, but I had completed the wire from hand to hand. I had a shock and dropped the wire in slightly less than a second.
According to what I see online, which says milliamps can kill me, how did I survive for this long, with no burns or negative health effects? I remember immediately running up to my mother and saying I just got shocked by a house socket with a big grin on my face! (she was not happy!)