I found some WIMA MKBS capacitors, not a dielectric I have seem before. WIMA has not been helpful so far (nor Google). Any idea what MKBS means?


Apparently, they are obsolete "Metallized polycarbonate capacitors". Not sure how critical is your application, so you may or may not want to trust an ebay listing.

enter image description here

I also found this datasheet for MKB3 and MKB5 capacitors. May be useful, may be not.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Thanks to all you folks who answered my question. Ebay is the one place I didn't think to look. \$\endgroup\$ – Robert Endl Nov 29 '16 at 1:22

These are polycarbonate film capacitors, which can operate at higher temperatures. The manufacturers of the polycarbonate film discontinued making it many years ago, but there are alternatives. See the links below:

Discussion of polycarbonate film cap replacements

And from Wima:

Wima discussion of same


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.