I have a US-style power strip that is thin enough that plugs can overhang the edge. It is easy to do this accidentally.
I think that if you were to overhang a plug, and then accidentally touch the plug with one hand and a grounded object like the radiator pipe with the other, you would be creating a circuit like:
The safety page on my oscilloscope manual warns that 30 V AC (rms) can cause a fatal 30 mA AC (rms) current through a human body, so presumably the 120 V AC wall power can drive 120 mA AC; at which point the average resistance of the human would be 1 kOhm. If the appliance were a 60 W light bulb, it would be 240 Ohms, reducing the current to 97 mA AC, still fatal.
So, my best guess is that this power strip is unsafe. Is this correct?