As the title says, why does that not happen. As far as my understanding goes, an induction cooker is a coil of conductive wire through which AC is pumped. This generates an oscillating magnetic field around the coil, which in turn generates a DC current in the pot sitting on the cooker. Since the pot is not made of a superconductor, the current flowing through it heats it up, and that's where we get the electricity from.
Now this is where i get confused. First, yes, there's a current, but is there a potential difference between any points, or are the electrons just really excited ? If there's a potential difference between any 2 points in the pot, then why does touching it not give us an electrical shock?