I'm trying to find the name of the connectors I need to use in PCB to connect with the three cables below:

enter image description here

enter image description here

enter image description here

I suspect the second one is a DIN5 connector and the third one is an IDC connector, but I don't have a guess about the first one.

Could someone help me?

Additional Info: The three cables are used in Quanser's 2DSFJ robot and these pictures are from the robot manual.

Update: The first cable connector is the "Output" connector of the picture below:

enter image description here

Thank you

  • \$\begingroup\$ well, your second and third picture already solved, I'd personally reduce your question to just one question. And then, I'd add info like where that connector is used – power for something? Microphone? Something else? Also, close-up pictures with measured dimensions would surely help. \$\endgroup\$ Dec 12 '16 at 1:13
  • \$\begingroup\$ It's a cable power for the DC Motor of Quanser's 2DSFJ robot. Unfortunately, I don't have the cable with me to get dimensions and they also don't appear in the manual. I have searched the entire robot manual and they just call this cable "Motor Cable" but don't say a thing about its specifications. \$\endgroup\$
    – felipeek
    Dec 12 '16 at 1:25
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Without dimensions (and with such a dark picture), it's not really possible to tell on the first cable. It looks like a 4-conductor circular military connector, but without the pitch, there's no way to know the exact one. \$\endgroup\$
    – uint128_t
    Dec 12 '16 at 1:28
  • \$\begingroup\$ @MarcusMüller I've updated my question with a new picture \$\endgroup\$
    – felipeek
    Dec 12 '16 at 1:50
  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ Ask Qanser? They seem to be in the business of selling robot controllers, so they actually are interested in helping their customers build systems that work more than they should be interested in selling cables. They know, and we don't. \$\endgroup\$ Dec 12 '16 at 1:51

The first picture looks like it could be AMP (Tyco) CPC, or Circular Plastic Connectors. These are fairly common. Look at DigiKey or Mouser or a vendor like that.

A quick search for AMP CPC Connector yielded pictures that look very much like that.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.