Can anybody tell me what this connector is called and how I could purchase one for my own prototype board?

This is a picture of a Nintendo Wii motherboard (bottom) and the bluetooth adapter (top). I'd like to connect this bluetooth adapter to my own board for a project I'm working on so I need a connector like the one on the motherboard.

Wii Bluetooth Adapter

Here is another picture of both the board connector and module plug:

Wii Bluetooth Module and Connector

Thanks for any help!

  • \$\begingroup\$ looks like a custom DIP socket aka proprietary \$\endgroup\$ Commented Dec 14, 2016 at 3:55
  • \$\begingroup\$ share the pitch, height info \$\endgroup\$
    – User323693
    Commented Dec 14, 2016 at 4:05
  • \$\begingroup\$ The connector is really, really small so I don't have anything to measure it. If this is needed and you can't help without it, I understand and appreciate the help anyway! \$\endgroup\$
    – SofaKng
    Commented Dec 14, 2016 at 4:06
  • \$\begingroup\$ unless measurement is done, part cannot be identified. if not identified, cannot be used in the project \$\endgroup\$
    – User323693
    Commented Dec 14, 2016 at 5:38
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Please photograph against a ruler for size reference avoiding perspective as much as possible. I would recommend investing in a vernier for measurements. \$\endgroup\$
    – whatnick
    Commented Dec 14, 2016 at 6:19

5 Answers 5


It is very similar to the Hirose DF40 surface-mount "riser" connector. But I don't see any 16-pin versions. I wonder if that isn't a 20-pin version with the two end pins missing from each end?

Ref: https://www.hirose.com/product/en/download_file/key_name/DF40/category/Catalog/doc_file_id/31649/

  • \$\begingroup\$ I would ask over on EEVblog Forum \$\endgroup\$ Commented Dec 14, 2016 at 5:09

If the quest is to find the connector type only, then it is very close to the slimstack connectors from Molex.


Images for reference: 16 pins are available. Unless pitch and mated height is known, a single part cannot be identified.

enter image description here enter image description here


Just to add, although I know it's been a while. I've measured it and the exact part number is Molex 0541020164.



I call them "board to board" connectors. Connector of this style have become very common in laptops, etc, and are made by all the usual connector companies in a variety of sizes and stacking heights.

You can search Digi-Key.com under the connector subcategory "Rectangular - Board to Board Connectors - Arrays, Edge Type, Mezzanine." You might be able to determine the manufacturer and model of those with enough detective work.



I think it's this one. The matching part is down the page a bit.

  • 4
    \$\begingroup\$ This is the same product already suggested in the answer by Umar. Posting repetitions of the same answer is generally discouraged here. \$\endgroup\$
    – Jules
    Commented Aug 28, 2018 at 21:38
  • \$\begingroup\$ @Jules I'm not sure if this is the same connector family that Umar had suggested. \$\endgroup\$ Commented Aug 29, 2018 at 5:36
  • \$\begingroup\$ @NickAlexeev - it definitely is: click on the link on Umar's post, select the 0.5mm pitch, and scroll down the list - the same part number is found in the 20-40 page of results. \$\endgroup\$
    – Jules
    Commented Aug 29, 2018 at 10:11
  • \$\begingroup\$ @Jules I've followed Umar's link. The Molex family numbers at Umar's link were different. [Unless I've missed something.] \$\endgroup\$ Commented Aug 30, 2018 at 3:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.