I'm currently working on a design that requires connection to a peripheral with a snap-lock interface. The part I need on the design is the male 'button' style contact found on electrodes such as those shown below. Ideally I'm looking for a surface mount part equivalent to that connection, however a name of the technology or anything that can point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Button style connector example

The other half of the connector (the 'socket' that mates with the 'button') can be found on cables like the ones below typically.

Socket style connector example

The only reference to the connectors themselves I can find is that they are "sewing snap buttons size 3", but I am looking for a professional solderable electrical equivalent (although I'm sure the sewing versions would probably work fine, I think the BOM may look a little strange to my colleagues...).

Any information that can be found would be greatly appreciated!

  • \$\begingroup\$ Snap-to-wire, or Snap-to-PCB? \$\endgroup\$ – Nick Alexeev Jan 10 '17 at 4:35
  • \$\begingroup\$ @Nick Snap-to-PCB \$\endgroup\$ – Oliver.R Jan 10 '17 at 4:46
  • \$\begingroup\$ I once was looking for it too. In the end i used an RF connector and modified the ECG cables. For low volume it worked just fine. \$\endgroup\$ – Gregory Kornblum Jan 10 '17 at 5:01

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.