I want to build network (electrical circuit) which contains hundreds of elements (with unique IDs) based on some microcontroller.
Good example of that kind of network but much more expensive (and advanced) is Internet. For example I have main server (in my case microcontroller), nodes (computers with ethernet cards) and cables (e.g. cat 5e) which connect server with nodes. We can assume that network has star topology.
Requirements according to above graphic:
- I have x numbers of C (C could be circuit, cable or connection)
- I have numerous number of elements with unique IDs which can be connected in to any place (C)
- Element with unique IDs can be swap with another element, remove or add (if there exist C with no element)
- I need to know ID of element which was connected to certain C.
- I need to set ID by myself or can buy "element" that I know what is it's ID.
What are the easiest/cheapest way to make network like I explained above?