I'm using my digital multimeter to measure the resistance between the terminals of a 9 volt battery i had lying around.
Why does it read as 50 M Ω? Why is the resistance so high? I would think that the resistance in the battery would be 0 (zero) or close to it because if I ran a wire between the terminals to short them out, that WOULD short out the battery, which makes me think that there would be very little resistance between the terminals. I hope that makes sense?
And I would think that with such a high resistance - 50 M Ω - that even with a wire between the terminals, the battery wouldn't short.