For a project, I would like to connect a cheap PCB antenna from Molex to a SMA female connector. One of the antenna is this one:

Molex 146220-0100: http://www.molex.com/molex/products/datasheet.jsp?part=active/1462200100_ANTENNAS.xml

enter image description here

Instead of a exact description of the connector of the antenna, the specs only state that it fits on a "Microcoaxial RF" connector, described as: 50 Ohms, MCRF, PCB Vertical Jack Receptacle, SMT, 1.25mm Mounted Height. Shown here: http://www.molex.com/molex/products/datasheet.jsp?part=active/0734120110_RF_COAX_CONNECTORS.xml

enter image description here

Is the plug on the antenna a proprietary connector from Molex?

Or in the other case, whats the right name of the connector I have to search for?

My goal is to find an adapter from the connector of this antenna to the SMA female connector on the board I use.

  • \$\begingroup\$ "Is the plug on the antenna a proprietary connector from Molex?" have you tried asking Molex this question? \$\endgroup\$ – Andy aka Jan 16 '17 at 13:39

These are commonly and informally known as "U.FL connectors" after the original part number from Hirose, see this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirose_U.FL.

It is a proprietary connector from Hirose, but many second source exist, typically under the name "ultraminiature coaxial connector" or similar.

Search for "UFL to SMA".


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.