I don't recognize this component, maybe some of you will. I measure 10.6 ohms across it. I believe it might be an inductor or filter bead, but i need to be sure. As you can see in the picture, it says 105K , 4083, and that is it.

I'll point out that this board is no longer working, and i'm looking for a faulty component, so the measurment i took (10.6 ohms) could be the result of measuring a component that no longer works as it should.

Note: in the circuit, there are no parallel components with this item, so i believe the measurement to be accurate


  • 3
    \$\begingroup\$ It's a power inductor made by EPCOS. It's similar to this, but probably not identical. I cannot tell the size from your photo. \$\endgroup\$
    – Steve G
    Jan 16, 2017 at 16:24
  • \$\begingroup\$ That appears to be a 1 micro (something) 10% device but I don't have time to search for the manufacturer. \$\endgroup\$ Jan 16, 2017 at 16:27
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Probably not the source of your problem, since it does not look burned and measures a reasonable resistance. Look for a fuse and/or semiconductor, most likely. \$\endgroup\$ Jan 16, 2017 at 18:01

1 Answer 1


It appears to me that it might be something similar to the following: SMT Inductors

I do not know exactly what the parameters are for this device, but I would guess it is a 1mH, 10% tolerance device with a 12 Ohms DC resistance.

To make sure it is the correct device, look on TDK website for Fixed Inductors. Here is the package that I found online for it:

enter image description here

Any inductor will have some series resistance associate with it. This is the reason why you would read 10.6ohms across the inductor.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.