I want to produce a printed circuit board in EagleCad. Below picture is and example circuit.

enter image description here

I want to add M1 and M2 holes in my circuit for soldering, but I do not know what their names in real life and in EagleCad software. Also, I want to be able to make their radius 5mm long. How can I implement this in EagleCad.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Note that you can create vias and set their diameter and annular ring, so a specific component should not be needed. \$\endgroup\$ – Wesley Lee Jan 17 '17 at 14:05

names in real life

They are called castellated holes.

Complexity Levels (or Class levels) There are several factors that contribute to the complexity of a castellated hole. The main critical design attributes are:

• Hole size

• Number of holes per board

• Single hole or multiple hole designs

• Surface finish

Source: http://www.hitech.com.mk/en/technology/castell

Example of creating the castellated holes is here: Designing castellations/half holes using EAGLE

  • \$\begingroup\$ M1 and M2 are not castellated holes, they're just plain old holes. I do think however you should hold this answer for his/her next question, and it's a more interesting question/answer indeed. \$\endgroup\$ – Spehro Pefhany Jan 17 '17 at 13:27
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ That was hilarious! \$\endgroup\$ – orkun Jan 17 '17 at 13:39
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ @orkun You appear to have a pretty snarky attitude for someone asking for gratis help. \$\endgroup\$ – Spehro Pefhany Jan 17 '17 at 14:59

Those are plated holes, and there's a library of hole components in Eagle.

  • \$\begingroup\$ What should I type in search area Sir? Plated hole is not available. Sorry for my knowledge about Eagle. \$\endgroup\$ – orkun Jan 17 '17 at 13:09
  • \$\begingroup\$ What about searching for "hole"? \$\endgroup\$ – Marcus Müller Jan 17 '17 at 13:10
  • \$\begingroup\$ Approximately 100 results show up. \$\endgroup\$ – orkun Jan 17 '17 at 13:10
  • \$\begingroup\$ Search for "via" \$\endgroup\$ – Golaž Jan 17 '17 at 13:10
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ I know the answer to the question you asked, which was "which type of device in eagle should I use, and how to find it". I can't read your mind and tell you which specific type of hole you need, so really, giving you a list of candidates shouldn't really pose a problem for you. For heck's sake, there's the diameter even in the name of these components. \$\endgroup\$ – Marcus Müller Jan 17 '17 at 13:29

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.