What kind of connector is this?

  • Country: Germany
  • Location: University Building (Department of Computer Science)
  • The logo in the middle rather looks like an "h"
  • 6 smaller holes form a trapezoid
  • 2 of the smaller holes are horizontally arranged in the middle
  • The 2 large holes are horizontally arranged at the bottom

8 smaller holes, 2 larger holes

It is located in a wall panel where also power outlets and telephone and ethernet sockets are located.

  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ I don't know but it's cute. \$\endgroup\$ – dim Jan 26 '17 at 8:56
  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ Are you sure its a connector and not just a vent? \$\endgroup\$ – PlasmaHH Jan 26 '17 at 9:07
  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ A buzzer? if you remove the 2 screws what's behind the plate? \$\endgroup\$ – Steve G Jan 26 '17 at 9:27
  • 3
    \$\begingroup\$ It looks like Patrick Starfish from spongebob. \$\endgroup\$ – Andy aka Jan 26 '17 at 9:41
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ It's to connect your thelaundryfiles.wikia.com/wiki/Summoning_Grids \$\endgroup\$ – Pete Kirkham Jan 26 '17 at 12:55

I am not able to comment, so I will leave extra information here, in case it proves useful to you.

The connector is a Hirschmann MEDU1000 ref.973078-135 from the ME series.

It is used for control signals.

According with product description, it can be used for connecting telecommunications, measurement systems and laboratory equipment.

Sorry, but I don't know what specific devices might require this connection.

  • \$\begingroup\$ No need for a comment, you have the correct answer. I found a datasheet that gives more information about the MEDU 1000 - plus a lot more connectors. \$\endgroup\$ – JRE Jan 27 '17 at 18:25
  • \$\begingroup\$ Thanks! I will try to find someone who knows what kind of device used to be plugged into this socket. \$\endgroup\$ – moi Jan 30 '17 at 11:12

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.