There are various types of bus couplers (for double bus system, single section bus system, etc.).

I know that bus coupler between two busbars is called cross bus coupler.

How are other bus couplers called, how do we divide them by type?

enter image description here


A bus coupler is just a normal circuit breaker (and isolators), no matter where it's installed, or which busses it's connecting.

A "cross bus coupler" is just a bus coupler that happens to be connecting the two busses of a double-bus switchyard. It's not a different type of switchgear and shouldn't be classified as such.

Similar terms are:

  • Bus tie
  • Bus section (circuit breaker) - in switchboards

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.