I want to create a circuit according to table below. CLK, MOD and RST are inputs, Q1 Q2 Q3 - outputs. The signal on the output should change at the active edge of CLK. What is the best approach to construct such a sequential logic? I only know how to deal with combinational logic so far. Any hint of where to start?
closed as off-topic by Bimpelrekkie, uint128_t, Wesley Lee, ThreePhaseEel, nidhin Feb 23 '17 at 12:08
- This question does not appear to be about electronics design within the scope defined in the help center.
I guess you want to implement a moore machine. Here is some guidance on how to implement such. Below the structure of moore machines.
Some other thoughts:
- The next state logic will probably be a counter that counts 0 to 6.
- RST will reset the counter.
- The output logic will then - depending on the counter output and the MOD input - set the output Q according your table.
- Buffer MOD so we don't get a mealy.
I hope this could help you at least a little bit.