I have array of connectors where I will plug in various types of resistors, I would like to be able to connect to each of the points as addresses and measure resistance between these points. Here is an illustration to make it clearer: enter image description here

I have used serial encoders to pass I/O data to a array of points, but this is a bit different. The resistance part in this question is irrelevant, question is more about connecting two points together. What IC could be relevant, what should I search for to learn about this topic? I have heard a term 'multiplexing' - would that be relevant to this problem ?

  • \$\begingroup\$ Look up analog MOSFET switches. When ON they have a resistance. Turn on two points, apply voltage, measure current. Repeat. Multiplex between different points via switches. \$\endgroup\$ – StainlessSteelRat Mar 15 '17 at 12:39

To measure, such as silicon substrate resistances, using analog multiplexors, you'll need KELVIN 4-wire measurement.

I remember my confusion the first time I ohmed out the resistance between various pins (I had 7 GND and 7 VDD, for RF signal fidelity) on silicon. Turns out the #substrate-connections (or the #well-ties) has a huge effect on resistance. The distance between various regions.......not so important.



Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.