I am wondering if there is a standard process across the EU in particular Germany, France and the UK, for choosing the the section of a power cable.
- the cable is to be installed in an industrial/civil low voltage application (400V three phase or 230V mono phase, your choice, if it makes any difference, please explain why).
- The power factor is given
- The cable is isolated with PVC.
- The cable is protected with a fuse or an automatic switch.
- There are no other special requirements.
- The user is using the line at full power all the time (think of an industrial motor running 24/7 for instance).
How would you need to choose the section of the cable, the size of the fuse/automatic switch in such countries according to the law? Is there a common framework?
If you need a specific case to study, please refer to a common home appliance that should be able to provide, at worst, 4kW continuosly.