I have the Hilo module running ok on standalone mode through XP hyper terminal. Can send SMS and calls ok. Hilo baud rate is set at 9600.
I was reading on a forum that the serial library on the Arduino is only good for 9600 baud. I have dropped the rate down to this but does not make any difference. The serial from the arduino is currently running at 9600. I can't get the arduino to download the code to the libelium shield. The code will download with shield removed. But when i plug the shield in and press the reset button nothing happens with the hilo module.
I have the led on pin 13 as a visual cue that the code runs ok and it is. When trying to download from the Ardunio i get the out of sync general error. There are heaps of examples of this error on line but no solution.
If I remove the USB Arduino links on the Hilo shield I can get the download to work without sync errors but will not load into the Hilo of course. There may be a problem with these links, not sure.
If anybody can give me some advice I would be very grateful. I do not have any power supply current issues as per the libelium notes. I have added the capacitor and the supply is fine. Running version 18 arduino IDE. Using Duemilanove with 328 chip.