I am involved in designing an AC/AC chopper circuit as shown in the above image. The details are as follows
1) The switching frequency is 10Khz and the input voltage is 240Vrms serving a load of 22 Ohms
2) On the left hand side, the IGBT1 and IGBT2 are switching on and off simultaneously. The IGBT1 would conduct in the positive half cycle while the IGBT2 would be conducting in the negative half cycle.
3) On the right hand side,the IGBT3 and IGBT4 are to act as a freewheeling path for the current to flow when the IGBT1 and IGBT2 are switched off.
4) Without filtering, we receive chopped voltage and current waveforms at the input and the output
I am required to select input and output filters to be installed for my circuit. How ever my supervisor instructed me that I must install
1) A capacitor at the input for input filtering
2) A two stage RLC filter at the output
3) The resistors in parallel with the inductors are for damping the oscillations from the filter.
My question is
How can I go about selecting the values for RLCs. Are there any equations for selecting these values of R and L and C