Does anyone recognise this connector. It is used as power connector on a Targus universal laptop docking station. It is 10mm diameter, 4 pins. Similar to but smaller than the one on the right which is a 4-pin Mini-Din. (The one I bought before I checked the dimensions )

Mystery Connector on the left


  • \$\begingroup\$ You sure about that? The left one looks like mini-DIN to me and the right one some strange larger variant. \$\endgroup\$ – winny May 22 '17 at 11:05
  • \$\begingroup\$ Google finds it easily with '4 pin 10mm din notch' image search. \$\endgroup\$ – user133493 May 22 '17 at 11:07
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Does this look like it? mouser.com/ds/2/222/KPPX-365228.pdf \$\endgroup\$ – Tut May 22 '17 at 11:42
  • \$\begingroup\$ @winny - Thanks. The one on the right is what I got when I ordered a 4-pin mini-DIN from ebay. \$\endgroup\$ – harry courtice May 22 '17 at 11:57
  • \$\begingroup\$ @Tut, you should make an answer instead of a comment. \$\endgroup\$ – Jeroen3 May 22 '17 at 12:24

It's looks like a typical power plug on high powered laptops. Such as Alienware, Acer or Clevo. It appears to be going around as "DIN-4pin".

Here you can buy the socket.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Thanks. @tut above pointed me to the plug, which is what I'm looking for. \$\endgroup\$ – harry courtice May 22 '17 at 12:02

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.