Hello I'm very new in electronics/electrical field. I want to know what are these connectors called or where can I find reference source for connector type?enter image description here

enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ In the bottom picture are you wanting the unplugged connector or the ones in the back? The ones in the back are 4 pin Molex Mini Fit Jr (not Molex/ATX as specified below). I believe the one up front is a variation of the Amp Doublelock Series. Still looking into the top as well to get you a correct answer. \$\endgroup\$
    – biggi_
    May 23, 2017 at 20:53

1 Answer 1


The bottom connector is a Molex/ATX connector. Used on ATX motherboards either for power supply (mostly) and/or data transfer. Used in computers extensively, but isn't limited to them; they can be used in a variety of appliances, such as microwave ovens, [older] TV's, Smart Fridges, and newer electric and gas oven/range combos.

The top connector has no real designation from what I can dig up. It's just a normal power/data connector. However, the 40-pin variants were used in old Hard Drives before 2006ish for serial data communication.

For more info about Molex/ATX connectors, click here.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.