This screen is the usual "Windows did not shut down correctly" screen, normally colored light grey on black. The horizontal lines are an artifact caused by my cheap smartphone camera.
This is what we observed:
- The problem is rare, but if it happens, it tends to happen a few times in a row. After each time, we power down the device completely.
- Most of the time, it happens when switching to, or in, a resolution that is not native to the display (The windows start logo displays att 800x600 always). The bios boot-up screen was never affected.
- We used different display drivers and operating systems, and got the problem in every case after a while.
- We can observe this problem with two identical devices.
- A monitor plugged into the boards VGA port does not show this problem.
What steps can we take to troubleshoot this problem and what may be causing it?
I hope that this is the right place for this question; it seemed a better fit than the other stackexchange sites.
Please ask if you need additional information.