We have a piece of foreign (Turkish) machinery and we are trying to make some adaptions to it in our workshop. However we need to find out what the below plug is - couple of electrical shops we've been to can't recognise it and we've found nothing similar online as yet. It looks similar to some internal automobile plugs but I can't exactly match them up with anything.

See the images below so you can see what it looks like. The 4 hollow connections measure about 5mm in diameter, and about 24mm across all 4 connections. They extend out from the main plug about 12mm, and the depth of the whole plug is about 26mm.

If anyone can help out with the name/code of the item or where we can source these that would be a great help!!

enter image description here enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ The make and model of the Turkish machine would be a big help, since without it we cannot consider searching for manufacturer documentation/drawings. \$\endgroup\$ – Adam Lawrence Jun 19 '17 at 12:34

The part shown isn't a million miles for this 3 pin TE connectivity part: -

enter image description here

It's description on RS is: -

Universal MATE-N-LOK Series 6.35mm Pitch 3 Way 1 Row Male Straight Crimp Connector Housing

You should be able to get the data sheet and compare dimensions. Then, when happy it matches, locate the female part.

You will probably find that Molex are an alternative supplier - I've seen very similar offerings from them.

| improve this answer | |
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ I've found a 4 pin version on RS and Farnell now so that's cool! - Big help many thanks! \$\endgroup\$ – 5Diraptor Jun 19 '17 at 13:02

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.