I was just checking for some bad caps on my TV as I get a large distortion for a few minutes at power up. The power board looked fine but I noticed some aluminium surface mount caps were bulging slightly on the control board (image attached ) so thought I would try to replace them.

Just wanted to confirm that these are 220 uF and I could just replace with through hole.


enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ How do I except a comment as an answer. I see no button ? \$\endgroup\$ – Glenn Pierce Jun 25 '17 at 19:05

Those look like Panasonic VK / TK series 220 uF 35V parts.

You may be able to replace them with through hole parts, but these are surface mount.

The product page is here

(Converted to answer).

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.