I am looking to charge my iphone using a thermoelectric power generation device. The thermoelectric generator device has positive and negative leads, and I have tried connecting the wires from the USB cable (which I cut open and spliced) directly but no luck. I AM NOT LOOKING TO USE THE USB AND PLUG IT INTO A WALL/COMPUTER.
The thermoelectric generator device produces about .5 Watts and 1 amp.
Is it likely that the phone is not charging because the power supply is too low? Or is likely that the wire connection is poor? Does the power supply have to supply 2.1 Amps and 5 Volts for the phone to charge?