I've been using the HV507 for parallelization of a 300VDC supply, but the chip only has 64 channels. I was wondering how to drive this voltage to a much higher number of channels (say, 1,000).

Is this just a question of tracking down the highest-channel alternative to the HV507, and using as many in conjunction as necessary, or is there some special circuit I should employ for parallelizing a high DC voltage to an arbitrarily large number of channels? Is a custom IC necessary?

I'm very new to electronics and thus also to multiplexers and shift registers.

  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ What specifically do you mean by "parallelization" in this context? \$\endgroup\$ – Ian Bland Jul 15 '17 at 17:01
  • \$\begingroup\$ @IanBland basically, replicate the behavior of the HV507 over many more channels: supply a high DC voltage and have it replicated on many separate channels \$\endgroup\$ – Jack Lynch Jul 15 '17 at 17:13
  • \$\begingroup\$ As in a buffer? \$\endgroup\$ – winny Jul 15 '17 at 17:24
  • \$\begingroup\$ So are you actually transmitting data on these channels, or what? You're not describing what the channels do, just that you're "replicating" a DC voltage. I don't know what you mean. \$\endgroup\$ – Ian Bland Jul 15 '17 at 17:27
  • \$\begingroup\$ @IanBland my bad. No data—the channels route to pads. I want to be able to switch individual pads "on and off" of 300VDC \$\endgroup\$ – Jack Lynch Jul 15 '17 at 17:32

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.