A rectifier I salvaged from a broken oasta machine uses am odd plastic barrel connector. On the rectifier end, it looks like a banana pin housed in a translucent white plastic barrel. On the cable end, it looks like a tube. The diameters of the terminals are smaller than a standard banana connector. Both terminals snap together on two ridges.

What is the name of this connector?

Male connector pins Male donnector body

Female connector mate

Femalw donnector body

  • \$\begingroup\$ Looks like a bullet connector to me. \$\endgroup\$ – Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams Jul 22 '17 at 21:42
  • \$\begingroup\$ Yeah, I thought that, but haven't seen this one. \$\endgroup\$ – user148298 Jul 22 '17 at 21:43
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ A regular bullet connector doesn't fir. This one has a smaller diameter and locks in using the tabs. \$\endgroup\$ – user148298 Jul 22 '17 at 22:06

It's called a custom connector.

common Shell, and Pin Socket Contact for each side.

One of these pins may fit your dimensions when you find the single wire interlock shell

enter image description here

| improve this answer | |
  • \$\begingroup\$ Thanks. I found it. It is made by Molex part # 1625-1PRT. It is hideously expensive $16 for 1 at amazon. I guess I will use standard terminal connectors. Kinda sucks because they are really cool and keeps things tidy. \$\endgroup\$ – user148298 Jul 23 '17 at 5:41

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.