I am building a light bulb with an integrated neodymium magnet for an art piece. I have successfully integrated the magnet into a LED bulb model that suited my needs so it works but now I want to lower the brightness and it does not support dimming.
I have therefor decided to try to lower the brightness with a resistor but I don't want to break it so I want to ask about the best place to position it and what strength/type of resistor to use for it to not overheat or otherwise damage the circuit.
I tried doing this with an earlier model of the same kind and it worked but the next morning when I switched it back on it burnt out a LED diode. That time I put a 10K Ohm (or 1M Ohm resistor.. one of them gave me a good dampening of the light) between the LED circuit and the power going in (the gray cable marked B in the image). I am not sure if this was because I accidentally short circuited it or if current had been building up over the night and then it released it all at once.
So I would like to ask for some advice on the questions marked in bold above (placement and recommended resistor) or perhaps you will get back to me telling me not to do it that way, any valuable input is welcome. Below is an image of the finished bulb and the LED driver inside.
All help or advice is greatly appreciated, many thanks in advance