What I am thinking about is something like this analog equivalent of a flipflop:

1 °-----|---| A |---|-----° 2
3 °-----|----||-----|-----° 4
5 °-----|           |

| A |: ampere meter
||: power source

The behaviour I'm looking for is that when a certain voltage is applied to pin 5 the current is measured between 1 and 2. This current should then be induced between 3 and 4.

Is it possible to do this in a purely non-digital manner?

  • \$\begingroup\$ You mean like a current mirror circuit? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Current_mirror \$\endgroup\$ – JIm Dearden Aug 24 '17 at 9:34
  • \$\begingroup\$ Saving and copying aren't the same thing. \$\endgroup\$ – Finbarr Aug 24 '17 at 9:34
  • \$\begingroup\$ The current between 3 and 4 should not depend on the current between 1 and 2 if 5 is not high. \$\endgroup\$ – Richard Aug 24 '17 at 9:36
  • \$\begingroup\$ Hmm, I would not call that a flip-flop. A flip-flop has two output states. Yours has many possible output states, that immediately does not make it a flip-flop anymore. You will have to 1) provide more context how this is going to be used 2) provide more detailed electrical specifications. 3) coming up with a solution makes it a design job and that's not what we're here for. Some of us can be hired for hard cash though. \$\endgroup\$ – Bimpelrekkie Aug 24 '17 at 9:37
  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ Sounds like a sample and hold amplifier - analog.com/en/products/amplifiers/specialty-amplifiers/… \$\endgroup\$ – HandyHowie Aug 24 '17 at 9:49

The closest device to your description that I can think of is a sample and hold amplifier. For example - http://www.analog.com/en/products/amplifiers/specialty-amplifiers/sampletrack-hold-amplifiers/ad783.html#product-overview


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.